March 14, 2011

Japan Disaster Relief: Kenichi Hoshine Art Auction.



In an effort to support the Japan Disaster Relief, artist Kenichi Hoshine is auctioning off a few works for $1 with no reserve. All proceedings will go towards the relief via red cross. You can bid on the painting here, and the drawing (pictured above) here.

Hello everyone. My name is Kenichi Hoshine and I am an artist from Brooklyn, NY. Like millions of others, I watched in horror as the earthquake, and the ensuing tsunami, ravaged parts of Japan and left a trail of death and destruction. As a Japanese person living in the United States, I felt rather helpless as the disheartening images and videos kept rolling in. All of my family members live in Japan and I still feel strong ties to the country. I wanted to help in any way I can.

No comments: